Pilot Point Works
What is Pilot Point Works?
A partnership that includes the PPISD, Economic Development and the Chamber of Commerce created to foster collaboration with the business community and educators to close skills gap.
The Mission of Pilot Point Works: Dedicated to equipping all students with the knowledge, skill and competence to succeed in the jobs of tomorrow, through work-based experiential learning.
Work-based learning is an education strategy that offers students an opportunity to reinforce and deepen their classroom learning, explore future career fields and demonstrate their skills in a business setting. Programs that promote work-based learning employment practices creating opportunity for students and employers to align, meeting local workforce needs.
Objectives of the Pilot Point Works Program
PPISD set to offer progressive workforce readiness curriculum option
- Create Pilot Point Works Certification Standard
- Align curriculum in a manner that prepares the students of Pilot Point ISD for the workforce
Provide direct opportunities for students to interact with the business community
- Business speakers panel available to teachers as an enhancement to business related subjects
- Career & Job Fairs
- Job Shadowing
- Apprenticeships: Industry driven, high quality, career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce
Program will offer orientation and interview process to match graduating students to local job opportunities upon graduation
For more information
Denise Morris, Director of Economic Development | [email protected]
(940) 324-5023 (940) 686-4338 [email protected]