January News & Notes
It’s finally 2022, and we’re ready to make the most of it! Check out our New Year’s Business Resolutions, let us know what your goals for your business are, and see what’s happening this month in webinars and networking opportunities!
City of Pilot Point
Coffee with the City Manager | Jan. 20
Britt Lusk invites you to have a cup of joe with him the third Thursday of every month, between 7am-9am at the Coffee House.
Britt welcomes questions, ideas, or just casual conversation and plans to offer Coffee with the City Manager on a regular basis.
Board and Council Meetings
- City Council | Jan. 13 & Jan. 27, 6:30 pm (Agendas)
- Boards (Agendas)
- EDC / MDD Board | Jan. 4 (Canceled) (Agendas)
Pilot Point Chamber of Commerce
- Police Department – Fire Department Joint Ribbon Cutting | Jan. 7 – 5-9 pm
- Monthly Networking Luncheon | Speaker: Britt Lusk | Jan. 20
PointBank Business Breakfast
Every month, PointBank invites members of the business community to their monthly Business Breakfast, hosted at the Pilot Point Branch Community Center (739 E Liberty St). Bringing insightful business tips to the small business owners in Denton County.
- Speaker: City Manager Britt Lusk | Jan. 26 – 8 am
TWU Center for Woman Entrepreneurs Workshops & Gatherings
The Power of WE: Connections, Collaboration and Community
January 11 | 7:30-9:30 am
To amplify other women, we must first make connections that go beyond networking. Deeper connections lead to opportunities for collaboration. Women thrive when sharing ideas and working together. The foundation of community in business and in life is women, and empowered women create empowering communities.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to strengthen relationships with women peers
- The power of being a part of the “new girls club”
- How to recognize unconscious bias among ourselves and others
- The importance of finding your tribe and being a part of a pack
- How WE rise together as a community
- WomenRISE Networking | January 11
See descriptions and register for events here
NCTC Small Business Development Events
Join fellow business people for informative programs and opportunities to network with other businesses. A variety of business topics are presented periodically to give interaction time and provide training to grow your business.
- Characteristics of a High-Performing Team | Jan. 6
- “Do It Anyway” – Personal Growth Road Map | Jan. 12
- Coaching and Mentoring Team Members | Jan. 13
- You are the BRAND | Jan. 19
- Build a Smart Online Marking Strategy | Jan. 20
- A Motivated Team: What’s the Secret? | Jan. 20
- Pinpointing Your Brand and Target Market | Jan. 27
- Team Conflict: How to Make It Productive | Jan. 27
Register here | See more info here
Governor’s Small Business Webinar Series
All of the Governor’s Small Business Webinar series are available to watch after the fact in the Resource Library.
Need extra help? Check out some small business resources in the Texas Governor’s Small Business Resource Portal.
Small Business Administration
DYK? SBA is a leader in helping small businesses achieve their goals.
If you’re still struggling from the effects of COVID-19 on your business, see the SBA’s resources page for details on the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, Paycheck Protection Program and more.
-> Click here <-