October News & Notes
Who’s ready to make this month an amazing one for economic development? Check out the news and notes for business owners!
Pilot Point Chamber of Commerce
The Pilot Point Chamber is back to having in-person events!
- October 21, 2021 | 5:00 pm | LizzyGator: Networking dinner with special guest speaker, Texas Representative, Jared Patterson | Register here
Mark your calendars for the Pilot Point Chamber Banquet on November 6. Details and tickets available soon.
PointBank Business Breakfast
Every month, PointBank invites members of the business community to their monthly Business Breakfast, hosted at the Pilot Point Branch Community Center (739 E Liberty St). Bringing insightful business tips to the small business owners in Denton County.
- October 27 | 8 am | Mary Martin – Crime Stoppers
TWU Center for Woman Entrepreneurs Workshops & Gatherings
StartHER Grant | Now open, closes Oct. 22
Looking for help to start your own business? Want to expand an existing business and need resources to do so?
The CWE’s StartHER Grant Program helps women business owners—current or aspiring—to undertake new and innovative projects. A total of 25 business owners will be selected to each receive a $5,000 grant.
Experiential Marketing 101: Brand Building through Engagement
October 12 | 7:30-9:30 am
Experiential marketing is a highly effective, yet often overlooked tool that entrepreneurs can integrate into their business to generate authentic connections with customers. By creating meaningful and memorable experiences, brands can influence purchase behavior and increase awareness of products and services.
A few takeaways you will walk away with after this workshop:
- What experiential marketing is (and is not) and how it can benefit any business
- How experiential marketing functions within the traditional marketing/advertising mix
- How to create and utilize brand awareness to grow your customer base
- Examples of creative activation ideas and low-cost ways to integrate experiential strategy into any business
- Steps to get started on building a custom experiential plan for your business
- WomenRISE Networking | October 12
See descriptions and register for events here
NCTC Small Business Development Events
Join fellow business people for informative programs and opportunities to network with other businesses. A variety of business topics are presented periodically to give interaction time and provide training to grow your business.
- Psychology of Selling | October 4 | 1 pm
- The Science of YES! | October 7 | 1 pm
- Overcoming Objections | October 11 | 1 pm
- Developing your Presentation – How to Write Compelling Content | October 13 | 10 am
- How to Rank Well on Google | October 14 | 2 pm
- How to Attract Online Shoppers during the Holiday Season | October 19 | 10 am
- Slides and other Visuals: Tips for Mastering the Use of Visuals | October 27 | 10 am
Register here | See more info here
Governor’s Small Business Webinar Series
Identifying your Target Market
October 7 | 1-2 pm
Who is most likely to use your product or service? Learn how to effectively identify your target market during the next Governor’s Small Business Webinar. A panel of subject-matter experts will discuss the importance of determining your customer base and will provide key resources to help small businesses succeed.
Join us as we answer your questions during a live Q&A session!
Save your space here
Small Business Administration
DYK? SBA is a leader in helping small businesses achieve their goals.
If you’re still struggling from the effects of COVID-19 on your business, see the SBA’s resources page for details on the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, Paycheck Protection Program and more.
-> Click here <-