April News & Notes
Who’s ready to make this month an amazing one for economic development? Check out the news and notes for business owners!
Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur or an established business owner, the Governor’s Small Business Resource Portal will provide you with the most relevant resources and contacts to help you find success. This important tool offers a customized list of useful business resources to assist you in starting or growing your business in Texas.
The portal is easy to access and use—simply answer five short questions to generate your tailored resource list. For your convenience, you may print or email the results directly from the portal.
Types of information included in the portal:
- Federal, State and Local Resources
- Business Advice and Growth Assistance
- Funding Sources
- Additional Specific Resources
See all the details here
TWU Center for Woman Entrepreneurs Workshops & Gatherings
TWU Veteran Women’s Grant
If you are a female veteran in Texas who is starting or currently owns an existing business, you may qualify for the CWE’s NEW Veteran Woman Entrepreneur Grant program.
Up to $250,000 in grant funds will be awarded in increments of $1,000 to $10,000 to qualified Texas women veterans. It is our first grant program aimed specifically at helping veterans and is open to women entrepreneurs throughout Texas.
Grant applications open April 14 and will be accepted through May 14!
- Virtual Workshop: How to create dynamic and highly-effective online courses for your business | April 10
- WomenRISE Networking | April 13
- Funding your Entrepreneurship Journey | April 13
- Why Streaming TV Matters | March 11
See descriptions and register for events here
NCTC Small Business Development Events
- Growing Your Business with Low Cost Facebook Ads | April 6
- PPP Forgiveness Updates | April 7
- eCommerce Webinar | April 14
- Leveraging LinkedIn for Business Growth | April 27
See more info here